Get a Safeco Auto Insurance Quote
For more than 90 years, Safeco® has protected drivers and homeowners across the U.S. When it comes to an investment as important as your car, you want a reliable insurance provider. So, whether you're adding a new driver to your policy or looking for a new policy, there's Safeco auto insurance coverage for you.
There's more to a Safeco auto insurance quote than price. You can also count on quality coverage and customer service. Additionally, A.M. Best rates Safeco's parent company, Liberty Mutual, "Excellent" for financial strength, so you can always shop with confidence.
Safeco Auto Insurance and How It Helps
Safeco auto insurance offers financial relief in the event of a covered claim. No driver expects to be in an accident, but it's important to be prepared for the dangers of the road and protected against major financial loss. A Safeco auto insurance policy may offer protection in the following scenarios, up to your policy limits:
- You cause an accident: Liability coverage may help pay for medical bills, vehicle repairs or legal fees. In most states, liability insurance is required by law.
- Your vehicle is damaged: If you collide with another vehicle or object on the road, collision coverage may help pay for repairs. To protect your vehicle from extreme weather, theft, vandalism, riots and much more, you may want comprehensive coverage. Neither collision nor comprehensive coverage is required under state law, but your lender could mandate that you have both.
- You or your passengers are injured: Medical payments may help cover medical bills. The coverage may also help pay for injuries sustained if you're hit by a car while riding a bike or walking.
State minimum requirements won't protect you against every risk of the road. If you're liable for a wreck in which your financial obligations exceed your policy's limits, you are responsible for paying the remaining costs.
To avoid these potentially devastating financial situations, you need solid coverage. Fortunately, when a licensed agent with Safeco auto insurance reviews your insurance needs, you can select the coverage you deserve.
Get Safeco Coverage and Discounts
When you call, we will review your personal information and create a custom quote. Every driver is different, and your Safeco auto insurance quote considers many factors to give you a competitive price.
If you want to save more on your quote, you're in luck. Safeco offers qualifying drivers many options to lower premiums without sacrificing coverage, including:
- Accident prevention course discount
- Safe driving discount
- Multiple car discount
- Home and auto bundle (up to 15 percent)1
- Homeowner discount
- Low mileage discount (up to 20 percent)2
- Installed antitheft devices discount
- Antilock brakes discount
Discounts can vary widely by state. The best way to find out what discounts are available to you is to call. Don't miss out on a chance to save!
Safeco Company History
In 1923, H.K. Dent founded the General Insurance Company of America. In 1953, it created a subsidiary called Selective Auto and Fire Insurance Company of America, or SAFECO, and in 1968, the parent company took on the Safeco name. Today, the company sells both auto and home insurance policies, as well as coverage for boats, motorcycles, RVs and more. It is a subsidiary of the Liberty Mutual Group with thousands of employees.
Get Your Safeco Quote Today
Now that you know the basics of auto insurance, it's time to find the right policy. Whether you're adding another vehicle or driver, packaging lines of coverage or simply exploring your options, shopping with Safeco is a breeze. As licensed agents with Safeco, we will review your requirements and put you one step closer to a great policy. Give us a call or fill out an online form to get started.